Submitted by Dee Lemons: Member Since 2015
Grace Romenia Webb was born in Bangor, ME in 1861. The youngest of eight children, she was an early pioneer “who came to California from Maine on the first transcontinental train to cross America.” She lived in San Francisco with her parents; in Manila and Shanghai during her husband’s time in the Navy; and in Berkeley until her death in 1928. The widowed mother of four worked as a dressmaker and artist. Grace also was a member of the Eastern Star.
Our Meetings and Events
$20 BOTH DAYS
Deep Discount for Members Attending the 2021 CCCGS Fall Webinar!
$15 for one Saturday
$20 for both Saturdays
$25 for one Saturday
$45 for both Saturdays
Not a member? Join the CCCGS and get the member discount. Here's how:
- Click JOIN HERE and follow the prompts to payment
- Once payment is received, you will get a welcome letter with logon information to CCCGS.net
- Logon and return to the 2021 CCCGS Fall Webinar page to register
- When you register, you will automatically be charged the member discount rate
Support the CCCGS With AmazonSmile
When you shop AmazonSmile you will find the same prices, selection and shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the CCCGS. Click on smile.amazon.com/ch/94-2594431
or the image below to select the CCCGS as your nonprofit of choice. Then shop with AmazonSmile in your browser or on the Amazon app.
These evening meetings feature a guest presenter on a genealogy topic and are free to both members and the public. Until further notice, our meetings will be held via Zoom.
- Time and Date: 6:30 – 8 p.m. 2nd Thursday of January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, November
- Address: LDS Building 1360 Alberta Way, Concord
These evening meetings provide opportunities to do research using databases at the Concord Family History Center and to get help from knowledgeable mentors. These meetings are free to both members and the public. Until further notice, these meetings are suspended.
- Time and Date: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. 2nd Thursday of February, October
- Address: Concord Family History Center, 3700 Concord Blvd, Concord
Monday Morning Roundtable
This is a group that meets weekly to share information on helpful genealogy research and to assist each other with their personal genealogy projects. The meetings take place via Zoom.
- Time and Date: Mondays at 10 a.m.
- Contact Lisa Gorrell at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to join
Annual Fall Seminar/Webinar
This popular event, usually held in October, features a professional from the genealogy field who conducts a deep-dive into a broad topic of interest. During the year 2021, the program will be presented online as a webinar.The webinar is open both to members and the public. It is fee-based with members charged a reduced rate.
Our monthly newsletter, Descendants, is published ten times per year (not in August and December) and is included with every membership. You must be a member to receive or have access to the newsletter located in the Members Only section of this site. Feedback, ideas and suggestions for the newsletter are welcomed at Newsletter@cccgs.net